Stupid Simple Marinated Chickpeas. Chickpeas are tossed in a lemony olive oil dressing with fresh herbs into this easy, Mediterrenean-inspired marinated chickpea recipe. "A lovely and refreshing salad or appetizer, better if it's allowed to sit and marinate a few days. You can also pop it in a blender for quick and tasty hummus." These marinated chickpeas were gone in nothing flat at my house! For more good munchies, you might enjoy my crispy Coconut Shrimp with Mango Dipping Sauce and these very popular Boozy Bourbon Cherries.
Try using no salt added canned chickpeas (seem to be more available in the grocery store, especially in the organic section), but still rinse/drain. Flavorful Marinated Chickpeas transform a plain can of garbanzo beans into the most magical and delicious side dish! As written these healthy marinated chickpeas are gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and a gloriously make-ahead meal-prep option for the week. You can cook Stupid Simple Marinated Chickpeas using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stupid Simple Marinated Chickpeas
- You need 1 Tbsp of good quality extra virgin olive oil (or combine in a little flavored olive oil).
- You need 1 Tbsp of red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice (use less if you don’t want it super tangly).
- You need 1-15 oz. of can firm beans/legumes – drained and rinsed (I prefer chickpeas but you can use kidney beans, black beans, whatever you want).
- You need 2 of tsps fresh chopped herbs or 2 pinches of dried (I like oregano and thyme but you can use chives, dill, tarragon – whatever you have/like).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Add whatever veggies you want – but you may need to increase the amount of vinaigrette.
Marinated Chickpeas recipe: Tasty Mediterranean Chickpea – tapas appetizer. (Overnight for fuller flavor). Stir contents between marinating process to make sure all the flavors are distributed evenly. This is a delicious simple tapas appetizer or side dish. But don't let the rapidity of the preparation fool you.
Stupid Simple Marinated Chickpeas instructions
- But first, refreshment. The glass is SO right, I am VERY interesting….. 😋.
- In a small bowl (but large enough to hold / toss all your ingredients), whisk together vinaigrette ingredients – oil, vinegar/lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper..
- Add beans and veggies – toss. Set aside for about 15-20 mins or refrigerate up to a couple of days..
- Refill your glass as needed and eat!!.
In fact, it can be quite simple. And whenever possible, you should keep it simple. I know for me, little that I make takes more than a half hour. A no-cook salad recipe that only calls for a few simple ingredients—chickpeas, mozzarella, herbs, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, EVOO, and vinegar. This salad only gets better with age, making it the perfect make-ahead lunch or dinner option.