French onion soup Instant Pot IP. I love my Instant Pot so much I thought I would start sharing some more recipe experiments with you! Today I tried making French Onion Soup in. Today I tried making French Onion Soup in my IP.
I see many warnings not to use alcohol even in a stovetop pressure cooker. Also, I assume that the alcohol. French onion soup is comfort food at its finest. You can cook French onion soup Instant Pot IP using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- You need 2 of red onions chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cups of white wine.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 4 of thyme sprigs.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced (garlic lovers 8 cloves).
- You need 1 of baguette loaf.
- It’s 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
- You need of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- You need of Fresh ground pepper.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
Rich, intensely-flavored broth and caramelized onions, topped with crusty, cheese-covered bread is sure to warm anyone on a cold winter's night. Make this delicious soup in half the time by using your Instant Pot! The Instant Pot caramelizes the onions and makes a delicious pot of French onion soup in about half the time it takes using conventional methods. French onion soup is a comforting lunch or dinner soup.
French onion soup Instant Pot IP step by step
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium saute setting..
- Add onions and baking soda until onions soften slightly and start to release liquid. Around 3 minutes..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. No need to add liquid. The onions will release all the liquid needed. When finished quick release the pressure. Remove lid..
- Drain liquid then on high/more saute setting, continue to stir the onions till all the onions are sticky and brown..
- Add broth, white wine, salt, and garlic stirring and scraping bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck to bottom of the pot. Add thyme and bay leaves..
- Reseal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When beeper sounds do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid..
- Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Preheat oven to broil. Cut the baguette into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces…
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls leaving room for the baguette on top. Add pieces of baguette (2 or 3) on top of soup. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese..
- Place bowl in oven and cook with oven door cracked until cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven. sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley over the top..
It's the perfect soup for a cold, snowy or rainy day, or serve it as a dinner party first course or. Learn how to make Umami Instant Pot French Onion Soup! Sweet caramelized onions simmered in rich hearty beef broth topped with toasted golden crusty bread and melted Gruyère cheese. Comforting pressure cooker soup – simple ingredients yet fancy entrée that'll impress your guests! Why Is It Called French Onion Soup.