Moong ki khichdi. Serve Moong Ki Khichdi with Gujarati Kadhi for a light and healthy meal. You can also try other Khichdi To begin preparing the Moong Ki Khichdi With Palak Ki Kadhi, soak the whole moong. This khichdi is as delicious as it looks and nutritious too MOONG MATAR KI KHICHDI Ingredients ¾ cup whole green gram (sabut moong).
Moong Dal Khichdi recipe is a rice dish made with yellow moong dal also called as green gram. Its a delicious healthy recipe with lots of health benefits. Moong Dal Khichdi is a complete meal in itself. You can have Moong ki khichdi using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moong ki khichdi
- It’s 1 cup of Sona masuri rice -.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Moong dal -.
- Prepare 2 of chillis (you can remove the seeds if you are not a spice lover) Slit Green -.
- It’s of Curry leaves.
- You need 1 of onion Chopped – medium size.
- It’s 1 of potato Chopped -.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- You need 1 tsp of Jeera cumin seeds / -.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil -.
- It’s to taste of salt ( I put around 4 tsp) -.
- You need 1 inch of ginger Fresh – chopped.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
For those unaware, khichdi is a complete meal made with rice and lentils which are pressure cooked together and in India it's synonyms with illness. Homemade Moong Dal ki Khichdi is a very tasty healthy food. It is very easy to make with very less time. Here I give u a simple method to prepare this moong dal ki khichdi at home.
Moong ki khichdi instructions
- Pick and wash the rice and dal separately, drain off the water and keep aside..
- In a pan, put some oil.
- Add jeera, slit green chillis, curry leaves, chopped onion. Saute this till the rawness of the onions goes, need not make the onions brown..
- Add chopped potato, (you can add cauliflower pieces if you want), some turmeric powder, some chilli powder and saute for a while..
- In a pressure cooker, add the above mixture from the pan, add the raw rice, and the moong dal. Also add salt(I added about 4 tsp). You can add about 5 cups water for the measure in this recipe. Cook under pressure for upto 5 whistles(approx). You should get a semi solid consistency for the rice..
- Once the rice is cooked, top off the khichdi with thin sliced ginger soaked in lime juice..
- Khichdi is ready!!.
Moong dal khichdi, is a very basic and healthy food. Every house hold has their own recipe for khichdi. At my home khichdi was made with split moong dal and rice. Try this wholesome Moong Matar ki Khichdi which is nutritious as well as easy to make for you and your entire family to enjoy. I've made it in a rice cooker but you can also use a regular pressure cooker.