Baked vegetable fritters. Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! Tips and Variations for Best Zucchini Fritters. Baking: This recipe originally was posted as baked zucchini fritters.
The Veggie Potato Fritters make a delicious side dish or snack. They would also be perfect for breakfast next to a Tofu Scramble or veggie sausage. We served them up with a side of spicy smoky ketchup and cooling dairy free plain yogurt (similar to sour cream which is traditionally served with potato latkes). You can have Baked vegetable fritters using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked vegetable fritters
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables (carrot, corn, green beans).
- It’s 2 cups of spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpea flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander and cumin powder mix.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare Pinch of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Add the self-raising flour and beat the eggs in a small bowl lightly with a fork and add salt and pepper to taste. Combine flour, baking powder, slat, and pepper. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, milk, carrot, zucchini and green onion. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
Baked vegetable fritters step by step
- Serve warm with either ketcup or tamarind sauce..
- Boil the potatoes and dice them.
- Cook the spinach until the leaves are wilted and drain the water out.
- Steam the frozen vegetables (5 -7 min).
- Sautee the onion in olive oil and add the garlic to it when it turns translucent. Sautee for anoth 1 min..
- Add the potatoes, spinach and vegetable mix..
- Add the spices, mix and let it all cook for 5 mins..
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well..
- In a mixing bowl mix the chickpea flour with some water ti bring it to the consistency of pancake batter – not too thick and not too runny, but somewhere in between. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may also season it with the same spices that were added in the vegetable mixture..
- Add the vegetable mixture to the batter and mix well..
- Grease a baking sheet and lay out small portions of the mixture. Bake for 20-25 min at 375 deg C..
To make the lemony cucumber dip, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. To make the fritters, break the egg into a bowl. Whisk the egg and flour together in a large bowl. Carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato can all be grated and used as is. Don't forget corn, which can be cut right off the cob or even used straight from the freezer bag.