Margherita Pizza. My search for the best homemade margherita pizza (made in a standard oven with everyday ingredients) is over! You'll want to make this homemade pizza recipe over and over again. Such is the power of the margherita pizza.
Have you ever ordered a pizza Margherita and wondered why it's even called that? I usually make one a couple of times a month. Upgrade your pizza night with this margarita pizza recipe from Food.com. You can cook Margherita Pizza using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Margherita Pizza
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- You need leaves of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Basil (spice shaker).
- Prepare of Oregano (spice shaker).
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 of super thin storebought pizza crust.
A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This margherita pizza recipe begins with my homemade pizza dough. Top with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, then finish it off with garden-fresh basil. This is an easy pizza recipe with unbeatable flavor!
Margherita Pizza step by step
- I didn't include prep in the cooking time. That being said, I got the sauce ready a couple hours before hand and let it sit in the fridge. I think that really helps the flavor and the sauce is VERY important to this dish. I also set about 6 of the basil leaves out to dry a bit. Ok first step. The sauce!.
- There's a neat trick to making a unique tomato sauce and it's perfect for this recipe. Cut your tomato in half so you have the top as one half and the bottom as the other. Now clean out all the crevices where the snotty textured slime is that holds the seeds. I just used the knife I cut the tomato with. Then use the spray nozzle on your sink to get it all nice n clean. Now, holding the exposed innards out, grate it like a piece of cheese. That's right, grate the tomato on a cheese grater. All the inner parts. You should be left with only the skin of the tomato. Do both halves of the tomato into a bowl. Dispose of the skins. Now add your spices, olive oil, balsamic and minced garlic. Stir well. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours..
- Crumble your mozzarella into chunks. After that I drizzled a bit of olive oil onto them and sprinkled a bit of oregano. Now we build the pizza..
- Spoon the sauce evenly over your pizza crust leaving about an inch on the edge. You should've gotten the perfect amount from 1 large tomato. Evenly distribute the mozzarella chunks. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Now tear up the 6 basil leaves you set aside earlier into smaller pieces and distribute them evenly. This is how mine looked pre oven..
- Set a pizza pan on the middle rack and preheat the oven to 475. (If I had a pizza stone I would've used that, but I don't). Slide the pizza onto the preheated pan and cook for 10 mins. Be careful not to burn yourself sliding the pizza in (I did haha) Remove from oven. Place a full basil leaf on each slice, cut and enjoy. Like I said, I'm a meat guy. I've never tried this because there's no meat on it but MAN it was good! It's that sauce and fresh basil that does it. There are definitely more involved ways of making a margherita pizza but this is quick, easy and so so good..
Here is the archetype of a thin-crust pizza pie, a pizza margherita adorned simply in the colors of the Italian flag: green from basil, white from. Entitled 'Margherita Made Wrong' this margherita pizza recipe from Franco Pepe was voted as the tastiest pizza in the world. 'Margherita made wrong' – margherita pizza. Pizza Margherita is a pizza prepared according to a recipe of the Italian chef Raffaelle Esposito. This classic tomato and mozzarella pizza originally was created for the Queen of Naples, Margherita. Margherita pizza is a simple pizza to make and yet tastes so good.