Red Wine Braised Shortribs. These Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs are even better when they're allowed to sit overnight. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Braising short ribs in red wine gives them deep, dark color and flavor, and fall-off-the-bone tenderness.
That's why these red wine braised short ribs are so great. I like to prepare them the night before. That way you can pop them into the fridge Of course, no dinner party is complete without a few good bottles of wine… And these red wine braised short ribs are just. You can cook Red Wine Braised Shortribs using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Wine Braised Shortribs
- Prepare 8 of beef short ribs.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 inch of think slice of pancetta diced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- You need 3 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 2 of shallots diced.
- It’s 2 cups of red wine.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 2 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 2 springs of rosemary.
Braised short ribs are the perfect dish for entertaining because, not only they make the whole house (or junior one-bedroom as The ultimate dish for entertaining, Braised Red Wine Short Ribs simmer in the oven for hours, leaving the kitchen smelling like a savory. Slow Cooker Red Wine Braised Short Ribs. The most important thing to know about these short ribs is that much like slow cooker brisket, they're even better on the second day. When done right, red wine braised short ribs can be as delicious as anything.
Red Wine Braised Shortribs step by step
- Salt and pepper ribs then dredge in flour.
- Heath large Dutch oven over medium heat and cook pancetta until crispy.
- Remove pancetta from Dutch oven.
- Brown short ribs four at a time in pancetta fat over high heat. Make sure all sides are browned. Remove from Dutch oven.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add olive oil to Dutch oven. Add onions, carrots, and shallots and cook for 2 min..
- Add broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- Submerge ribs in broth and add rosemary and thyme.
- Place lid over Dutch oven. Cook for two hours at 350 degrees F. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and cook for additional 30-45 min..
- When cooled, place Dutch oven in refrigerator for at least 6 hours (overnight is best).
- After sitting overnight in the fridge, a layer of congealed fat will form on top of the ribs. Skim congealed fat from top and discard.
- Reheat ribs and serve over creamy polenta.
But don't be fooled into thinking there is some fancy technique behind it. These meaty beef short ribs are browned then slow cooked to perfection with a wonderful red wine sauce. Pour the hot wine and vegetable mixture over the short ribs in the slow cooker. When done right, red wine braised short ribs can be as delicious as anything. But don't be fooled into thinking there is some fancy technique The technique is called, “braising”, and it's a technique that can be applied to any tough cut of meat.