Blackened Mahi Mahi. Mahi Mahi is a mild, flavorful fish with firm texture that typically comes in steaks or filets. It is low in What is the best blackened seasoning for Mahi Mahi? My favorite blackened seasoning is an easy.
Nothing beats the flavor of blackened Mahi Mahi – but knowing how to blacken Mahi Mahi can be overwhelming if you've never tried it before. I'll walk you through the entire blackening process so. Both blackened and grilled mahi mahi are delicious in their own right, but let's take a closer look at each preparation to see if there's a clear winner. You can cook Blackened Mahi Mahi using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackened Mahi Mahi
- Prepare 4 of Mahi Mahi fillets, approximately 6 oz each.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground or dry thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground or dry oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, or 1 teaspoon for a bit more kick.
- It’s of Notes….I prefer a bit more seasoning so I generally double the spices and save any leftovers in a sealed container.
Right after we made this blackened mahi mahi recipe – and had time to get over how amazingly flavorful this Cajun spice rub is – we put it over a beautiful bed of greens with some lemon wedges. Country music group Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman shares her recipe for fried mahi mahi rubbed with herbs and spices. I haven't had it in awhile, and I have never tried it blackened! Blackened mahi mahi is pan seared & served in warm corn tortillas topped with crisp, fresh cilantro jalapeno coleslaw in this recipe for Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos!
Blackened Mahi Mahi step by step
- Combine your seasonings in a bowl. Pat fillets dry with paper towels and season both sides liberally, pressing into the fish..
- In a large sauté pan, heat butter and oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add seasoned fillets and let cook undisturbed for several minutes until browned on one side. Flip and continue to cook until opaque..
- Remove from pan and squeeze the fresh lemon over the fillets..
Thanks to my friends at Litehouse for. Fried Mahi Mahi Plate with french fries, mac salad, lemon, and tater sauce in styrofoam plate on metal table Fresh Blackened Dolphin Sandwich. Moist and flakey blackened Mahi Mahi fish combined with a delicious creamy cream sauce, vegetables then placed in a warm corn tortilla. With Citrus Rice Noodle Salad and Spicy Napa Cabbage. Blackened Mahi Lettuce Tacos with Cajun Remoulade.