jalapeño corn bread. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Stir eggs and milk in a third bowl. Get Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe from Food Network.
Serve it at your next barbecue or chili kick off! In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Heat in oven until drippings cover bottom of pan. You can have jalapeño corn bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of jalapeño corn bread
- It’s 1 cup of of cornmeal.
- You need 1 cup of of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of of baking soda.
- You need 1 dash of of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 can of of corn.
- It’s 1 cup of of milk.
- You need 1 cup of of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of pickled jalapeños with carrots finally chopped. give or take depending on how spicy you want it..
- You need 4 tbsp of of melted butter.
Spray a regular muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs and. Jalapeno Cornbread is sweet and spicy!
jalapeño corn bread instructions
- preheat oven to 400.
- mix all ingredients except cheese.
- pour half of the mix into hot skillet.
- put a layer of cheese.
- pour other half of mix over cheese.
- place in oven cooking 20 to 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Take out of oven, let cool.
- slice and serve.
This moist and delicious homemade Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread recipe is easy to make. It is the perfect thing to serve alongside a hot bowl of chili. You control the heat by the amount of jalapeno you add. I made this cornbread to go with my Vegetable Beef Soup! In my opinion, you just can't have a homemade soup or stew without cornbread and this Jalapeno cornbread was a perfect addition!