Lentil Soup. Don't settle for bland Lentil Soup! Make it right and you'll have everyone begging for seconds….and thirds… This lentil recipe is one of the best nourishing, simple dishes you can make with dried lentils. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup.
It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! You can cook Lentil Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of lentils.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of orange's zest.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 3/4 of tea-cup olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
This is the best lentil soup plus prep is quick and it's so easy to make! It's packed with fresh veggies, zesty Italian flavors and plenty of protein rich lentils. If you want a lentil soup that will quickly become a family favorite, I highly recommend giving it a try. The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a.
Lentil Soup instructions
- Cover lentils with enough water that there is 1in of water above lentils and bring to a boil for 5 minutes..
- Chop onions, crush garlic, and blend tomatoes..
- Drain lentils in a collander..
- Fry onions and garlic for a few minutes, then add lentils..
- After stirring, add tomatoes, tomato paste, and the 4 cups of water..
- Add seasoning and orange zest..
- Bring to boil and simmer on medium/low for 30 minutes..
- Add vinegar right before serving..
Meet my go-to lentil soup recipe! I make this soup with lentils, carrots, turmeric, and fresh lemon whenever I'm in need of some healthy comfort food. It's savory, satisfying, and utterly delicious. This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!! It's full of amazing lemony flavor, it's naturally healthy and vegan and gluten-free, it's quick and easy to make, and SO delicious.