Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!. These red lentil burger patties are ready in no time! I received tons of compliments for them even Presented here is the basic lentil veggie burger patties recipe and you can modify it as you please. This is a delicious vegetarian recipe for lentil veggie burger patties, with vegan version too!
I loved burgers before I went vegetarian and I love veggie burgers now. If I'm out to dinner and These patties are super easy to put together, vegan AND stay together! How to make super easy vegan red lentil burgers without pre cooking the lentils. You can cook Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!
- You need 1 cup of red lentils (small, a deep coral color).
- You need 1/2 cup of red quinoa.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice, optional.
- It’s 1 of small purple onion.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 bunch of parsley, leaves only.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of almond butter, optional.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raw tahini (sesame seed butter), optional.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
The perfect burger 🍔 for a day of shifting boxes when u. Lentils will be soft and most of the water will be gone. This super healthy veggie burger recipe is so EASY to make and completely delicious. This basic veggie burger recipe is so delicious and easy to prepare, it's quickly become a weeknight staple in Stir in all other ingredients, and form into patties.
Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! step by step
- The day before: Rinse lentils well, place in a bowl or jar, cover with water to twice the height of the lentils and leave to soak for 12-24 hours. In a pinch: boil a pot of water, remove from heat and add lentils. Soak for 30-45 mins and continue with recipe..
- Note about optional ingredients: The rice makes the patties slightly fluffier, the nut and seed butters make them moist and add nutrition..
- Prepare rice and quinoa. I like to make a large amount for a meal the day before and put aside enough for the patties..
- Quinoa: Rinse well and leave to soak (optional) for 30 mins up to 4 hours. Drain, place in small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Fluff with a fork and leave uncovered for another 5 mins..
- Rice: Rinse well. Place in pot with 3 times the amount of water (for example, 1.5 c water for 1/2 c of rice). Bring to a boil, turn down heat to very low and leave covered to simmer for 45 mins. Remove from heat and leave covered another 5 mins..
- Drain lentils. Place them in food processor (or bowl for stick blender) with onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, almond butter, sesame butter and seasoning. Blend until mixture becomes a pasty batter. You can stop a little sooner for more texture..
- Add rice and quinoa to the mixture and check seasoning. Frying makes the patties bland, so the seasoning should taste a little too strong..
- Heat oil in skillet. Spoon out or shape patties with your hands and gently place in oil. Fry both sides until lightly browned, about 3 mins per side..
- Yields 8 burger-style patties or 12-16 smaller patties..
- I have successfully frozen the mix, thawed it in the fridge overnight and prepared patties from it..
You can bake, fry, or grill the burgers, and leftovers. These easy Lentil Burgers are a great protein alternative to meat dinners. A flexible recipe that can easily be adapted to make lentil balls or croquettes These Lentil Burgers can be enjoyed any time of the year and, as they freeze well, they can be prepped ahead of time for an easy weeknight dinner. These Vegan Lentil Mushroom Burgers are made with real ingredients—lentils, mushrooms, and oats. As I mentioned last week, things have been a Red lentils tend to fall apart a little more than green/brown lentils.