You can have Sage Cornbread using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sage Cornbread
- Prepare 2-3/4 cup of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 3 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of corn.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lard heaping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onions sliced thinly.
- Prepare As needed of bacon drippings to grease the skillet.
- You need 2 ounce of bacon.
- You need As needed of kosher salt topping.
Sage Cornbread instructions
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the bacon into little pieces. Grease the pan with bacon drippings..
- Mix all the ingredients together except the water, and bacon pieces..
- Add the baking soda to the water let sit 3 minutes. Then add to the cornbread mixture..
- Pour into the hot skillet greased with the lard..
- Add bacon pieces on top of the mixture..
- Put into hot oven and bake. 40-45 minutes until the bacon gets done but make sure that everything is cooked through..
- Remove from oven add a sprinkle of kosher salt on top, and let cool and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.