Pita bread/ home made without oven. In this video let us learn How to make Pita Bread at home like a PRO in a simple Simple and Easy video tutorial format. They are so soft,tasty and very easy to make. Hi Makiko, What a great idea, home-made pita on the stovetop–I'll bet they taste fifteen times better than the terrible processed kind grocery stores carry here in the U.
Is it worth making pita at home Absolutely Store-bought pita (like store-bought sandwich bread) is often several days old. On bottom shelf of oven, place a heavy-duty baking sheet, large cast-iron pan or ceramic baking tile. Pita bread is a soft Arabic bread and is baked in a very hot oven. You can have Pita bread/ home made without oven using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pita bread/ home made without oven
- You need 1 cup of warm water (not hot or boiling) 2 teaspoons active dry or instant yeast 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons salt 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional).
- It’s of Equipment: Mixing bowl Rolling pin Cast iron skillet (for stovetop baking) Baking sheet or a baking stone (for oven baking).
Today I will teach you how to make pita bread that puffs every time. Full recipe and to print it: www.munatycooking.com/pita-bread-oven-not-needed/. Making your own homemade pita bread is both easy and inexpensive. Another option is to skip the oven all together and cook your pita bread on the stovetop.
Pita bread/ home made without oven instructions
- Form the Pita Dough: Mix the water and yeast together, and let sit for about five minutes until the yeast is dissolved. Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour (saving the last half cup for kneading), salt, and olive oil (if using). Stir until a shaggy dough is formed..
- Knead the Dough: Sprinkle a little of the extra flour onto your clean work surface and turn out the dough. Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add more flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to your hands or the work surface, but try to be sparing. It's better to use too little flour than too much. If you get tired, stop and let the dough rest for a few minutes before finishing kneading..
- Let the Dough Rise: Clean the bowl you used to mix the dough and film it with a little olive oil. Set the dough in the bowl and turn it until it's coated with oil. Cover with a clean dishcloth or plastic wrap and let the dough rise until it's doubled in bulk, 1-2 hours..
- Divide the Pitas: Gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and gently flatten each piece into a thick disk. Sprinkle the pieces with a little more flour and then cover them with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap wrap until you're ready to bake them..
- Shape the pitas using floured rolling pin,roll one of the pieces into a circle 8-9 inches wide and about a quarter inch thick and you are ready to bake..
To do this you'll need to preheat a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Assalam u Alikum, Today i am sharing with you recipe of Pita Bread can easily make in home and also u can make it without yeast and without oven too. Homemade pita bread, fluffy and delicious. We are not using oil in the recipe nor eggs (some recipes on the internet do call for eggs.) we are keeping it simple and close to the authentic Pita Bread without Oven. Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines.