Khichudi / Bengali Dal Khichdi.
You can cook Khichudi / Bengali Dal Khichdi using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Khichudi / Bengali Dal Khichdi
- You need 3 of big onions sliced fine lengthwise.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of and half tomato slices lengthwise.
- It’s as required of Ghee.
- Prepare 3 leaves of dry tejpatta/ indian bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger finely sliced / paste.
- Prepare 2 of carrots diced into small pieces.
- You need 2 of potatoes diced in big pieces.
- It’s Bunch of green beans roughly sliced into half inch sizes.
- You need 1 small cup of moong dal.
- It’s 1 small cup of masoor dal.
- Prepare 1 small cup of chana dal.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of black urad dal.
- Prepare 1 small cup of 'govindobhog' rice/ flavourful small grain rice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chillies.
- It’s 3 of hot green chillies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need of To be cooked in a pressure cooker.
Khichudi / Bengali Dal Khichdi instructions
- Heat 4 heaped tablespoons of ghee and add the dry red chilli and tejpatta to it..
- Add the onions and saute till light brown.
- Add the garlic cloves and saute.
- Add all your veggies(potato, tomato, beans, carrot),ginger, green chilli, sugar, turmeric and salt and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add ghee if your pan is drying out..
- Wash all the dals and rice together and add it in the pressure cooker over the other items. Add enough water to cover 2 inch over the dals..
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Lower the flame after the first whistle. Let the steam release on it's own once you turn off the gas..
- Once you open the lid, check if you need to add water to get it to the right consistency(like a very thick soup). Boil don't pressure cook anymore. And it's ready.