Sprouted Lentil Salad. I love sprouted-lentil salads and this is a good one. The curry adds an interesting flavor but it made Sprouted Lentil Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This sprouted lentil salad is a bit like a pasta salad in the way it comes together, but it may not win any awards for "food you can take to parties with normal people," unfortunately.
Waldorf inspired, with all my favorite tastes of fall. I came up with this combo on my own, then did some research, and found many versions of sprouted salads. Enjoy your home sprouted lentils in this amazing salad, with lots of crunchy veggies and a salty Recipe: Sprouted Lentil Salad. You can cook Sprouted Lentil Salad using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sprouted Lentil Salad
- It’s 1 cup of Organic dry lentils (sprouted).
- It’s 1 of finely chopped red onion.
- Prepare 1-2 of crisp apples (I like gala).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of pomegranate aerials.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped toasted walnuts (or pecans, almonds, pistachio…).
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3 of tbl. Spoon white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Tbl. Spoon sugar (or to taste).
- You need Pinch of pepper.
- You need 1 of Tbl. Spoon poppyseeds.
Sometimes all you need is something light for lunch, or even dinner. Sprouted lentils are such a fun way to incorporate pulses into your menu planning, and this this vegan sprouted lentil salad really makes them shine. With warm, nutty farro, crisp raw vegetables, and an. For the salad: rinse & drain the lentils and combine with the cabbage, bell pepper and green onions.
Sprouted Lentil Salad step by step
- Step one: sprout the lentils. Place lentils in large (at least 4 cup capacity, lentils will need room to grow, or use multiple jars) glass jar covered with water. Soak for 4 -8 hours..
- My sprouting jar. If you are unsure if you'll enjoy sprouted lentils, just sprout 1/4 cup the first time. Add to your lettuce salads, enjoy in sandwiches or wraps, and as a really nice crunchy topping for tacos instead of floppy lettuce.I always have a batch in the fridge, and one going on the counter, I am so in love with sprouts!.
- Drain lentils. Rinse in cool water. Cover top of jar with cheese cloth, or mesh held on with rubber band or twine. Drain lentils. Place jar on its side in a dish or tray to catch remaining water. Let rest on counter..
- For next 3 -7 days, rinse and drain jar twice a day, until lentils sprout. They will begin to sprout in 1 or two days, but I like to leave them until they just start to get green leaves..
- Rinse sprouted lentils in extra large bowl, filled with water. Some of the empty seed jackets will float to the top. You can skim them off, if you want, but they are edible and loaded with good for you fiber, so it's up to you..
- Drain well, a salad spinner works well here. If not using in salad, immediately, store in covered container in fridge, rinsing every couple of days, to keep them hydrated. They will continue to grow, and will outgrow the container if left too long..
- Prepare the rest of salad veggies, feel free to add any of your favorites. I often add cauliflower or broccoli, chopped finely. When I don't have pomegranate, red bell peppers add a nice pop of color..
- Mix salad dressing ingredients, adjusting sugar, salt and vinegar to taste. If your apples are really sweet, you may not need more sugar. Sub honey, agave or other sugar substitute as desired..
- Toss saldad with dressing, stirring in most of the nuts. Save a few for garnish..
- This salad is best when served soon after tossing, however I have enjoyed it days later too. The fruit juices tend to dilute the poppyseed dressing and settles into a milky watery puddle, but the apples retain their color and it still tastes great..
I just sprouted lentils, and like WAY too many for lentil fingers, so this is friggin' great! These simple sprouting instructions yield themselves to many, many delicious dishes. This lentil salad is so good! Since returning from Kerala, I've been going sprouted lentil salad crazy. Quinoa Lentil Salad Recipe: Made with roasted brussels sprouts, shallots, and sweet red peppers, this lentil salad is filling and fragrant.