Vegetables momo. These veg momos or dim sum are made with stir-fried mix vegetable stuffing. These momos are steamed and taste good. These handmade Tibetan vegetable momos are served with a spicy tomato sesame chutney and I'm really excited to share today's recipe with you.
Momos are native to Southwest Chinese region of Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, North Indian region of Ladakh, Northeast Indian regions of Sikkim, Assam. A momo is a type of dumpling enjoyed in the Nepali culture. This vegetable version includes carrots, spinach and finely chopped cabbage. You can cook Vegetables momo using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetables momo
- It’s 200 grms of All purpose flour.
- It’s As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need as needed of Water.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1/4 th of a small of Cabbage.
- You need 2 tsp of Soya sauce.
- Prepare 4-5 of Chopped garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
Recipe of momos made in cooker easily. How to make veg momos with pics. Veg momos recipe, a popular street food, is a steamed dumpling with a delicious vegetable filling served with a spicy red. Vegetable momos are unusual in Tibet.
Vegetables momo instructions
- Finely chop all the vegetables of your choice..
- Heat up a pan. Add oil. Add chopped garlic. Saute for few seconds..
- Now add the vegetables, salt, pepper and soya sauce..
- Mix it well and saute till it is slightly soft..
- Take a plate add all-purpose flour, salt and oil..
- Mix it well. Now knead the dough adding little water at a time..
- We need not very soft dough nor very hard..
- Cover and keep aside for 1/2 an hour..
- Now make small balls and roll it very thin..
- Add 1tbsp of vegetables and fold as per your choice..
- Steam it in a steamer for 10-15 minutes..
- Serve hot Momos with spicy chutney..
However, this recipe was developed at one of thr Tibetan farming settlements in south India, where meat is an expensive luxury. Veg Momos, a steamed or fried dumpling stuffed with mixed vegetables, is a delicious snack food enjoyed in Tibet region. Momos is my all time favorite, i make it quite often. Hubby enjoys it more than me. Along with the tomato chilli chutney this momos taste amazing.