Mexican/salsa cube steak. While this Bistec Encebollado recipe (Puerto Rican Style Cube Steak and Onions) may not be the prettiest and may lack in appeal, it does not Do not let the pale color of the steak fool you because Puerto Rican Bistec Encebollado will be one of your favorite ways to make cube steak, that I promise! Cubed Steaks must be free from bones, cartilage, lymph glands, and connective tissue. Mexican-Style Milanesa with Smoky Corn Relish
The economical cube steak is elevated to new heights in this recipe. The salad, with chopped arugula, basil, tomatoes Salsa Cube Steak. Serve with dirty rice and vegtables Submitted by: DIXIERS. You can have Mexican/salsa cube steak using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican/salsa cube steak
- Prepare 4 pieces of tenderized Cube steak.
- Prepare 2 cups of salsa. Any kind that suits your fancy. I use pace mild because it’s cheap and not spicy.
- It’s 2 cups of Cheddar Colby cheese shredded or sliced.
- You need of Oil. Any kind.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
If you have been to Mexico you have seen the taco stands at night with lights hanging from the roof, and people around it like bees (Take a look at these salsas: Roasted Tomatillo and Árbol Pepper Salsa, Pico de Gallo, Salsa Verde Cruda, and Creamy Habanero Salsa, and pick. This crock pot cube steak and gravy recipe is easy to make and even better tasting. These scrumptious recipes are made with readily available ingredients and leftovers are just as good. Start with some Strawberry Salsa served with pita chips (tasty on top of chicken too).
Mexican/salsa cube steak step by step
- Ok. Did you read the recipe? Did you go to the grocery store? Do you Have all your ingredients? If the answer is yes then let’s START..
- Here we go. Pat dry your cube steak. Dry. You don’t want to steam them you want to brown them. And because they are naturally wet that is a little more difficult..
- Heat your frying pan. No oil. Not yet..
- Generously salt and pepper both sides..
- Add the Oil to your hot pan. About 2-3 tablespoons. Add the pieces of meat one at a time and be careful not to splash oil on your self. Sear for several minutes until brown..
- Turn over steak and brown on the other side. Don’t turn the heat on the pan down. At this point you may have some liquid in the pan. That’s ok. Cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Add salsa and a 1/2 cup water. I live at high altitude with low humidity So I have to add a little more water..
- Cook at medium heat (a soft boil) for 35 to 45 minutes. it looks weird I know but don’t lose faith..
- Remove cover and cook off excess liquid – So that you have kind of a thickened red gravy. Don’t leave the room. It goes fast when it starts to cook off..
- Add the cheese and melt for 2 minutes. You can really use any cheese. And that’s it! Meat and salsa in an intimate beautiful relationship..
- I serve with mashed potatoes and sour cream. But you could serve it with rice, tortillas, bread or whatever..
- Enjoy yourself. Smile and be happy and your food will taste better. Really. 😁.
This Mexican-inspired meal is perfect for lazy Sunday barbecues with family and friends. Alternatively, set a griddle pan over a. In this clip, learn how to make crispy and delicious tostadas in traditional Mexican style. This video will walk you through all the steps you need to get started making this amazingly delicious dish. Serve this easy Crock-Pot Cube Steak over rice or noodles.