Cholar Dal (Chana Dal / Bengal Gram Lentil – Bengali Style). This is a traditional dal prepared in every Bengali household, especially during special occasions. It can be enjoyed with hot luchis (pooris) or stuffed peas kachoris during your weekend breakfast. Cholar Dal or Bengal Gram dal is delicious accompany with Luchi or Paratha.
Bengali Style Cholar Dal is a delicious lentil dish cooked with Bengal gram or chana dal. This dish of dal is flavored with coconut, ghee and an Bengali Style Cholar Dal tastes mildly spicy and packed with nutrition. Once the Bengal Gram is cooked in the pressure cooker it only takes a few minutes to. You can have Cholar Dal (Chana Dal / Bengal Gram Lentil – Bengali Style) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cholar Dal (Chana Dal / Bengal Gram Lentil – Bengali Style)
- You need 1 cup of chana dal (Bengal Gram Lentil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- It’s 2 of whole dry red chillies.
- You need 1 of " cinnamon'.
- You need 2-3 of cardamoms.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of fresh coconut, grated.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of fresh grated coconut & 2 slit green chilies for garnishing.
Cholar dal is made with chana dal or bengal gram. Then soak the dal in enough water for one hour. if you want to reduce the soaking time. In this Bengali chana dal recipe, chana dal is first boiled with turmeric powder and then it is tempered with Indian spices like bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and With this recipe's step by step photos, tips and serving ideas, making lip smacking bengali cholar dal at home and impressing your loved ones with. Cholar Dal, a Bengali chana dal, is made for special occasions, but this simple dal spiced with Chana dal is nuttier than its counterparts, which is the reason why you'll often find it in Indian When cooked, it holds its shape better than other lentils which reduce to a sludge, giving the dish a prettier.
Cholar Dal (Chana Dal / Bengal Gram Lentil – Bengali Style) step by step
- Soak the dal for 30 minutes. Pressure cook in 1& 1/2 cups water for 5 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle..
- Temper the oil with bay leaves, dry red chilies, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds..
- Add the ginger and saute for a few seconds..
- Add the coconut and fry till light brown..
- Add the boiled dal, salt, sugar and turmeric powder and simmer..
- Serve, garnished with fresh grated coconut and slit green chilies..
The savoury-sweet cholar dal is a Bengali classic. Bursting with warm, mellow flavours, it is easy to make and insanely delicious. Although this preparation is a Bengali classic, other parts of India, and Pakistan and Bangladesh, too, enjoy their own versions of this delicious and nutritious chana dal. Bengali Style Chana Dal is a delicious lentil dish cooked with Bengal gram or chana dal. This dish of dal is flavored with coconut, ghee and an assortment of whole spices.