Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne. Compared to chili con carne (meaning, with meat), our healthy and savory vegan bean chili is low in fat and high in fiber, setting you up for diet success! Add the cooked beans and water, chili powder, cumin (one teaspoon) and salt. Add the baked tofu pieces and just bring to a simmer.
This simple recipe for Chili Con Carne is super easy to make and so delicious. Stir in the tomatoes and the beans; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thick. You can cook Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne
- It’s 300 grams of Boiled beans of your choice (soy beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, green peas, etc.).
- Prepare 200 grams of Firm tofu.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 4 of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 100 ml of ※ Water.
- You need 1 can of ※ Canned crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 of leaves ※ Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ※ Oregano (dried).
- You need 2 tsp of ※ Soup stock granules.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ※ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ※ Soy sauce.
- You need 1 of Krazy Salt (seasoned salt mix).
- You need 1 of Black pepper.
This is a flavorful chili made with beans and ground beef, along with tomatoes, chile peppers, bell pepper, and spices and chili powder. Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Protein Quality for Chili con carne with beans, canned entree. This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your browser.
Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne instructions
- Break the tofu roughly into pieces, wrap in a paper towel, and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes at 600w..
- Finely mince the garlic then mince the onion and green pepper..
- Put the tofu in a Teflon-coated pan and stir fry while breaking it up into crumbles. Fry until the liquid is gone and remove from heat..
- Using the same pan, fry the garlic in olive oil, and when it becomes fragrant, add onions and fry over low heat until soft..
- Add green peppers, Step 3, chili powder, and cumin and briskly stir-fry together in a pan..
- Add the ※ ingredients and heat over high heat until it boils, then reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning..
- Add beans and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. When the liquid disappears, add Krazy Salt and black pepper to taste..
- It's done when it looks like this. If the beans appear to be too hard, add more water and simmer..
- Although I don't make chili con carne much, green peas are tasty! Sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese for a delicious finish!.
- It also tastes good chilled. I like to eat it with brown rice. For breakfast, I spread the rest on bread for a tasty sandwich..
- Since you can also freeze this, prepare a large amount to have some for leftovers. To make a perfect snack, use it as a dip for tortilla chips!.
Consequently, Nutrition Data's higher-rated foods may not necessarily be healthier for you than lower-rated ones. All foods, regardless of their rating, have the potential to play. Healthy Table recipe: Chile Con Carne. Legumes have emerged as a versatile food with an excellent nutritional reputation. Beans also are low in fat, cholesterol-free and rich in.