Chicken with lemony hilopites. Kotopoulo me hilopites means chicken baked with a traditional Greek egg pasta which can be found in long form, similar to tagliatelle or short ones. Kotopoulo me hilopites is a Greek dish with baked chicken in tomato sauce and then hylopites, egg noodles, are cooked in the sauce. How to make delicious Greek Chicken with Hilopites.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel just begins to soften. Great recipe for Chicken with lemony hilopites. Substitute the traditional version with tomato for lemon and you have an extremely tasty dish!! You can have Chicken with lemony hilopites using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken with lemony hilopites
- It’s 1 kg of chicken (I used just the breast but you can use any part that you like).
- Prepare 1 of large cup hilopites.
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1-2 of red sweet peppers cut into rings.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard.
- You need to taste of oregano, thyme, rosemary, coriander seeds, ginger and paprika according.
- It’s of salt, pepper (try peppers of various colours).
Hilopites is a traditional Greek egg pasta. Hilopites or hylopites (Greek: χυλοπίτες, [çiˈlopites]) are a traditional Greek pasta made from flour, eggs, milk, and salt. They take the form of small squares or, in some regions, thin strips similar to Italian fettuccine. Lemony Chicken with Artichoke Hearts. “I have made this several times now and we really like it!
Chicken with lemony hilopites step by step
- Sauté the chicken portions until golden brown on all sides using a wide pan..
- Turn down the heat, add the onion and sauté until it starts to get translucent then add the pepper rings and the spices that you have chosen..
- Stir in the wine and wait for a few moments for the alcohol to evaporate..
- Dissolve the mustard in a cup of hot water and add it to the pot..
- Turn down the heat a little more and let it cook..
- Just before the chicken is ready and tender add the lemon juice and let it cook a little more..
- Remove the chicken portions and add the hilopites to the pot with the juices of the chicken as well as 1 1/2 cup boiling water and continue cooking until they are done..
- Then, return the chicken portions back to the pot, turn off the heat and let it rest so that the flavors combine for about 5-10 minutes before you serve it..
- Accompany with chilled white wine, and bon appétit!.
Seasoned, browned chicken breasts slow cooked with lemon juice, garlic, and chicken bouillon. A wonderful 'fix and forget' recipe that is easy and pleases just about everyone. This flavorful chicken and lemon recipe―chicken piccata―is made with boneless chicken breasts, lemon juice, capers, and a breadcrumb coating. Chicken tenders may also be used in the recipe. Put the flour in a bowl or plate.