Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup. A homemade alternative to the packaged onion soup mixes. This recipe makes the equivalent of one packet of soup mix. I didn't actually make soup with this but I used this in a recipe that called for onion soup mix.
Homemade onion soup mix is one of my favorite things ever. It's perfect on grilled chicken, in onion dip, and french onion soup! We love having this homemade onion soup mix ready to go. You can cook Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup
- Prepare 3 small of to medium white onions.
- It’s 3 small of to medium red onions.
- Prepare 3 large of shallots.
- It’s 6 small of salad potatoes in their skins.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of all purpose seasoning or to liking.
- Prepare 2 tsp of German mild mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 pinch of herbs each like parsley, coriander, dill, chervil or others to personal preference ( optional).
- It’s 1 liter of vegetable stock or a little less or more depending on preference.
- It’s 125 ml of passata (Italian style tomato juice).
- You need 2 tbsp of of best tomato puree.
- Prepare 250 grams of marinated tofu or 2 German style sausages (bratwurst)very thinly sliced, or little, mini sausage meatballs.
- It’s 1 pinch of Chili flakes.
- You need 1 pinch of salt (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of chives for garnish.
- You need 6 tbsp of fresh cream or double cream for garnish ( optional).
My brother in law is allergic to MSG, so it's always great to have an easy seasoning on hand when we are. The marriage of onion and tomato soup could not have been more ide. Sprinkle the flour over the remaining onions and mix well to combine. Return the remaining onions to the pot, along with the tomatoes, sherry, soy sauce, onion soup mix, and seasonings.
Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup step by step
- First peel all the onions and wash the potatoes.
- Mince the onions in a blender or hand chop them very finely, chop your unpeeled potatoes into very small cubes.
- Sauté the onions and the potatoes for about ten minutes or so in the butter and olive oil , add all the seasonings and half of the stock, simmer for about 15 minutes , make sure that it not burns .add a little more stock if needed..
- Next puree the soup until it is smoother , add as little or as much of the rest of the stock until preferred thickness is achieved. Puree again until it is smooth as you like it.
- Add the passata, tomato puree and chilli flakes , season with salt if needed..
- Sauté the tofu or fry the sausages or little mini sausage meatballs in a little oil. If using the sausages slice them very thinly , sprinkle any of them over the soup just before serving. Add some chives for garnish ..
Try this tasty, easy meatloaf made with onion soup mix and ketchup. This is a classic recipe that's very popular for its simplicity and onion flavor. Recipe Tags: Tomato. onion soup meatloaf. Hi, this is a really simple quick soup. Only takes minutes to prepare but it is super healthy.