Buttermilk Cornbread. Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A classic side dish loved by EVERYONE. This cornbread is the classic buttermilk cornbread you'll find throughout the South.
No matter how you slice it, it's always devoured within minutes! The Best Buttermilk Cornbread. by Natalie. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter in a medium bowl. You can have Buttermilk Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Cornbread
- Prepare 1 cup of Yellow cornmeal-NOT cornmeal mix.
- You need 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Oil plus about 3 tbls for the skillet.
Transfer to a wire rack with a large spatula and let cool completely. This is an easy, quick, buttermilk cornbread recipe that can be mixed up in minutes. Slightly sweetened (without being too sweet) and moist (thanks to the buttermilk), this cornbread is the. Buttermilk Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Buttermilk Cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place 3 tablespoons oil in iron skillet and let it heat up in the oven while you prepare the batter..
- Mix all dry ingredients with a whisk. Add all your wet ingredients and stir til well mixed. When skillet is sizzling put batter in and bake in oven til golden brown, about 20-30 minutes..
This buttermilk cornbread isn't your typical cornbread. Sweet, buttermilk cornbread muffins that are super easy to make and super tasty too. I've got a man in the house that loves cornbread. Now, this recipe isn't for true southern. Leftover cornbread makes a flavorful and versatile base for stuffing.