Tofu Hamburg Steak. Tofu Hamburger Steak is much less greasy, and it goes with many different kinds of sauces. We made it with a Teriyaki-like sauce, but regular ketchup and Worcester sauce is also very good with it. Ponzu Sauce and grated Daikon radish is a popular sauce, too.
In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Tofu Hamburg Steak. khayrees Tasty bites. Beef steak sweet and sour tofu with scrambled egg. You can have Tofu Hamburg Steak using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Hamburg Steak
- Prepare 1 pack of medium firm tofu (about 9 oz).
- Prepare 250g of round pork (50%) and beef (50%).
- You need 1 of onion, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of Nutmeg to taste.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need of (For mushroom sauce).
- Prepare 150 cc of water (about 3/5 cup).
- You need 1 tbsp of dashi powder.
- It’s 1⁄2 pack of shimeji mushrooms (Can be substituted with 100g maitake mushrooms).
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger, grated.
- You need 1 tbsp of katakuri-ko (Can be substituted with corn starch).
- Prepare of (For garnish).
- You need 1/2 of daikon radish, grated.
- Prepare of Shiso leaves, broccoli, tomato.
Original Thai tofu recipe, that will leave you breathless and craving for more.#jigawastate ireneq. Tofu is such a great source of protein. This recipe is the very typical hamburger that everyone thinks of, beef and pork with ketchup sauce. But you can make it from any combination or by itself of beef, pork, chicken, turkey or tofu.
Tofu Hamburg Steak step by step
- Saute minced onion until golden brown..
- Pat-dry tofu..
- Put sauted onion, tofu,ground meat, panko, salt, pepper, nutmeg and egg into a bowl. Mix well..
- Form the meat mixture into 5-6 patties..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil (not included in the ingredient list) in a pan over medium heat, and saute one side of the patties..
- Flip the patties, cover the pan with a lid and steam for 3 minutes over medium heat..
- Remove the lid and brown both sides of the patties over high heat..
- While steaming the patties, put water, dashi powder, shimeji mushrooms, soy sauce, mirin and ginger into a sauce pan and bring it to a boil..
- Dissolve katakuri-ko with one tablespoon of water..
- Reduce the heat under the sauce mixture and add katakuri-ko solution. Stir well until the sauce thickens.
- Plate the patties on a plate, pour the mushroom sauce and top with grated daikon radish. Serve with julienned shiso leaves, tomato, and boiled broccoli..
Its sauce can be different, too. I like a steak with Japanese sauce, grated daikon raddish, soy sauce and vinegar. Served with a red wine reduction sauce, this homemade Japanese hamburger steak (Hambagu) is incredibly juicy and melts in your mouth! I still remember vividly how my mom and I spent many evenings making Japanese Hamburger Steak or Hambagu (ハンバーグ). The distinct flavor of Hambāgu comes from the set of Asian seasoning used. hamburger steak is prepared with wine, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.