Cornbread Yeast Loaves. Yeast-leavened corn bread is more bready and less muffin-like in texture. My version is heavily flecked with kernels of bright yellow corn, has plenty of cornmeal in the dough itself, and is generously spiked. This yeasted honey cornbread loaf is taking cornbread to a whole new level.
With oil and sour cream, this moist, tender loaf has a bit of zip to it from the peppers. Unlike other cornbreads, this one uses yeast. Looking for an alternative to rich, buttery cornbread? You can cook Cornbread Yeast Loaves using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornbread Yeast Loaves
- It’s of Yeast.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare of Bread.
- Prepare 2 cups of self rising cornbread mix.
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour divided.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter melted.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare As needed of peanut oil for coating dough.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt divided ×4.
This cornbread is a rare compromise between Southern and Northern cornbreads: it's "just right," as far Cornbread isn't just an accompaniment to chili anymore. It can be dressed up to go with almost. Once doubled, divide the dough into two equal parts for two loaves. This recipe for Mini Honey Cornbread loaves puts a new twist on regular cornbread they are sweet, tender and baked to perfection.
Cornbread Yeast Loaves step by step
- Mix the honey, molasses, and sugar. Add hot water and salt. Stir in the yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes..
- Mix 3 cups of the all purpose flour with the cornbread mixture. Melt the butter and add to the bread mixture..
- Add the eggs and mix well. When the butter and eggs are incorporated, add the molasses, yeast mixture..
- Mix well form a ball and coat with peanut oil. Let rise for an hour. Punch in and allow to rise again for an hour..
- After the second rising cut into 4 equal parts. Form into 4 little loaves. Cut some across the top of each loaf. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake in oven 30 minutes..
- When done take out of oven immediately. Allow to cool a bit before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!.
These mini honey cornbread loaves are a delight in each bit. Recipe Review: Yeast-raised Cornbread. by Faith Durand. Instead of baking it in the small rolls she shows with the recipe, I shaped the dough into two loaves and did the second rise in standard loaf. These loaves are more similar to baguettes than Southern-style cornbread, since they are leavened with yeast and. (Portuguese yeast-leavened cornbread). Broa is popular in Brazil too, where it is leavened with baking powder instead of yeast and often flavored with.