Beef and lentil stew. Today's Beef and Lentil Stew is a true family favorite. It's a play off my mom's classic beef stew, substituting lentils for potatoes to enhance its Healthy Stew Recipe. It's hearty and filling with a robust beefy flavor.
Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, bay leaf and beef back to the dish. Learn how to make Italian beef and lentil slow-cooker stew & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. For the lentils, opt for green or brown lentils. You can have Beef and lentil stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and lentil stew
- Prepare of Large Bottom round roast.
- You need 32 oz of beef broth.
- It’s 1 box of organic lentil soup.
- It’s 4 cups of baby carrots.
- It’s 3 of large russet potatoes; cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white onion; chopped.
- It’s 5 cups of frozen vegetable medley.
- You need 1 package of dried egg noodles.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of liquid amino acid.
- You need 1/8 cup of tamari soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of each of.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- You need of Paprika.
- It’s of Tumeric.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 can of roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare of Couple tsp Salt and lots of cracked black pepper.
They hold their shape better and add more texture than red lentils, which dissolve as they cook (ideal for a smoother soup). This hearty stew is a favorite with our family, along with a basket of homemade breadsticks. Since lentils don't require the long soaking time that dried beans do, you can begin making this dish just an hour before supper—not the night before!—Carol Wolfer, Lebanon, Oregon. I didn't expect my sons to get very excited when I told them I was making lentil stew, but they were eager to taste it.
Beef and lentil stew instructions
- Set crock pot to low. Add broth, roast, tamari, amino acids, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, bay leaf, and can of roasted tomatoes. Cook for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion. Cook for 2 more hour; stirring intermittently..
- At this point, the meat wasn't as tender as I would have liked so I turned the heat setting to high, added noodles, and let cook for an addition hour and a half while stirring a bit more often so nothing stuck to the sides of my pot..
- Once the meat was tender enough to easily be pulled apart I sat my crock pot to warm and let cool for you 15 minutes..
- Thick, savory beef stew. Enjoy with crackers, preferably Ritz, and await impending nap. You're welcome..
Even more surprising was that they loved. Stir in the undrained mushrooms, and the remaining ingredients. Now fry the beef mix until it begins to brown. Add in the chicken stock and all the remaining ingredients. Bring the stew to a simmer and reduce the heat enough to allow it to simmer very gently.