Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Try Chicken & Yellow Rice With Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese For A Delicious Meal. See Recipe A pot of pure comfort, it's a slightly thickened, creamy chicken soup with a finishing garnish of smoky bacon. This soup's rich, smooth nature is like wrapping up in a cozy blanket on the couch.
I used store bought rotisserie chicken and a box of brown and wild rice mix that I cooked up without the seasoning packet. While your rice is cooking, you chop and sauté the veggies. Combine half-and-half and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- You need 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- It’s 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
I no longer need to look anywhere else! This was absolutely delicious and just what I was looking to make on a cool Autumn night. Cubes of cooked chicken and brown rice are added to this creamy soup made with roasted garlic chicken broth and roux-thickened milk. Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup with creamy broth, fresh kale and colorful carrots.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup step by step
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
This soup is comforting and warming perfect for a rainy Spring day! In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. Add the rice to the pot. While the soup is cooking, shred the kale. A little heavy cream adds body and richness to classic chicken and rice soup, and collard greens make it heartier and more nutritious.