You can cook Homemade Beans using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Beans
- Prepare 4 cups of dry beans (I use casserole pinto beans).
- You need of Start with 11 cups water.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion cut in half.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 oz of salt pork (optional).
Homemade Beans instructions
- Bring 11 cups water to boil.
- Rinse beans in strainer.
- Add jalapeno, onion, salt pork, onion powder, garlic powder, salt.
- Keep an eye on beans so they don't run out of water. After 30 min of cooking I usually add 2 cups more water. Place lid back on to continue cooking..
- After 30 min pass add 2 more cups water..
- 30 more min pass add 1 more cup of water.
- You will know when the beans are done. The beans will surface to the top. Once they are done taste and add more seasoning to your liking.