Beef filet steak and black pepper sauce. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Order Your Premium Filet Mignon Today & Save! A Beef Stir Fry to die for!
Some Chinese cookbooks say to use bicarbonate of soda to tenderise the meat because in China cattle are used as work animals and the meat is often tough. Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Shut the heat off underneath the skillet, add the oil and use a pair of tongs to place the steak in the pan. You can have Beef filet steak and black pepper sauce using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef filet steak and black pepper sauce
- It’s 3 each of beef filet steak.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of juice of lemon or 2 if small plus zest.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vinergar I use malt you could use apple cider.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinergar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 pinch of dried cilantro/corriander a teaspoon if you have fresh.
- It’s 1 pinch of oregano.
- It’s 1 pinch of thyme.
- It’s 1 pinch of marjoram.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sage.
- You need 1 pinch of cumin powder.
Turn the heat on under the skillet. The addition of the honey means the sauce coats the beef with a lovely stick sauce that will make your mouth water. WHAT BEEF TO USE… Never ever buy "Stir Fry Beef" as it is usually made up of a mix of cuts and can be very tough. If you want a proper dish then go for Striploin, Fillet, Rump or Rib Eye steak.
Beef filet steak and black pepper sauce instructions
- Mix all marinade /sauce ingredients together..
- Add steak.Marinate for at least an hour in covered dish infridge.You could do this the day before if you wish.Bring it out of fridge a bit before you want to cook it.You dont want ice cold meat going in the pan as it toughens the meat..
- Dredge the meat in flour extra sprinkle of salt and black pepper cook to your own liking in frying pan.Or bbq which ever you like..
- The marinade is turned into the sauce.I add about teaspoon of butter to dish,about a teaspoon of allpurpose flour and stir together..
- Put in microwave for 30 secs check maybe another 30 secs check that it has a thick sauce consistancy.This part is somthing you just keep checking as it depends on the steaks as to how much they have soaked up of the sauce as to how much you have left..
- If you dont have a microwave just put it in a pot on a low heat.Stir continually until you have a thick sauce.If it dosent start to thicken sprinkle a little more flour in.Stir and give a few more secs in microwave or in pot.
- Taste sauce.You can add more pepper or salt or lemon juice or soya sauce to your own taste.Fow those who like really hot sauce add a little chilli or tobassco to it..
I have again used Sirloin steaks in this recipe, but I suppose this can also be served together with a nice piece of tender rump, fillet or rib-eye steak. According to Wikipedia, steak au poivre is traditionally made with filet mignon, but really you can make this with whatever tender steak cut you like. Once you have the tender, succulent beef cooked, the last step is to stir in the sauce containing oyster sauce, soy sauce, and of course, lots of black pepper. Heat a frying pan over a medium-to-high heat, then pour in the oil and the clarified butter. Be sure to seal the rounded edges, too.