Bhindi (Okra). Okra or bhindi as it's called in Hindi is a very popular vegetable in India. I think after paneer (which though is not a vegetable but most definitely treated like one in India), bhindi must be everyone's. Chances are if you ask someone what okra tastes like, they're going to tell you it tastes slimy.
Okra, called bhindi in Hindi (or lady fingers in Indian English, which has to be the cutest name for So we have my bhindi masala, which is a dry fry Indian okra. And in this case by dry fry, I don't mean no. Kurkuri Bhindi is a delicious twist to Masala Bhindi. You can have Bhindi (Okra) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bhindi (Okra)
- You need of fresh okra chopped.
- It’s of lemon pepper.
- Prepare of Lazeez Asian Cuisine bhindi (okra) spice mix.
- It’s of of an onion sliced.
- Prepare of tomato diced.
- You need of oil + half of a 1/8 cup of oil.
- Prepare of minced serrano peppers (optional).
Kurkuri means crispy and Bhindi means okra. The okra is marinated in spices, coated with flour, and then deep fried for a satisfying crunch. Dhaas Bhindi or Bharwan Bhindi or Stuffed Okra is a simple way of relishing okra,since it calls for cooking okra stuffed with simple spices. A natural, warm and delectable Indian recipe, bharwa bhindi.
Bhindi (Okra) step by step
- Take a medium sauce pan and add 1/8 cup of oil + half of an 1/8 cup of oil and place on medium high heat..
- Add 2 cups of freshly washed okra roughly chopped and place into a sauce pan with 1 tsp of lemon pepper..
- Fry on high heat for 5 minutes (don’t stir up too much or else it’ll become slimy) and then take out of the pan and place into a bowl..
- In the same sauce pan, add 1 tsp of oil, 1/2 of a sliced onion and cook on medium/ medium high heat until it’s brown and caramelized. (About 10-15 minutes).
- Add Lazeez Asian Cuisine spice mix to onions and mix well..
- Add 1 diced tomato to onion mixture and mix well. If you want it to be more spicy then add 1-2 tsp of minced serrano peppers. (The peppers are optional).
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat, and then add okra to mixture..
- Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for about 45 min-1 hour or until the okra is tender..
- Serve hot with naan, chapati or rice..
Lahsuni bhindi recipe with step by step photos. Okra flavored with garlic and spiced with Indian As far as bhindi or okra is concerned, I am always open to new recipes. Never buy Okra or Bhindi in a packet. One of my favorite Okra preparations is a simple bhindi fry. Okra is cooked in many ways in Indian cuisine.