Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes. Topped with sweet onions and filled with corn, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions (and cottage cheese!), this upside cornbread is truly amazing. The bread has the perfect touch of sweetness, plus, it's the best choice when you want a side dish that packs a little more punch than your typical. Add drained tomatoes, cornbread cubes, asparagus and ham to whisked egg mixture; stir to combine, pressing gently to help cornbread absorb egg mixture.
I saw a photo of cornbread that looking like it had browned bits of onions all over the top, only to find that those bits were bacon — I persevered and added caramelized, brown-edged onions to mine and loved it. This is an incredibly moist nontraditional cornbread with a great flavor and mild sweetness. In a skillet melt butter and add onions, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. You can have Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes
- It’s of smoked ham.
- You need of lard.
- It’s of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- It’s of chives.
- You need of green onion.
- It’s of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- You need of self rising flour.
- You need of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of finely chopped bell pepper.
- It’s of large egg.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
Cook briefly and add chicken broth. Stir in olives and stuffing mix. Fill each tomato with cornbread stuffing and place in a. And cornbread, I've found, is such a personal thing.
Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes instructions
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
People are very rabid and passionate about the kind of cornbread they prefer, and it almost always relates back to the variety the ate during childhood. Cut and serve with your Pinto Beans and Ham. The Best Polenta Cornbread Recipes on Yummly Cornbread Salad from Deep South Dish blog. A delicious salad made using crumbled cornbread and a variety of vegetables, mixed with a mayonnaise and sour cream Ranch dressing and garnished with a little crumbled cornbread, bacon, tomatoes, green onion and parsley.