Venison Cornbread Squares. Cornbread Squares Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Be the first to review this recipe. Pour half of the cornbread batter into skillet.
For example, some people prefer a sweet cornbread That's easy.just add some diced jalapenos or even organic corn kernels and leave or reduce the. A recipe for making corned venison at home. Corned venison is just like corned beef, only leaner. You can cook Venison Cornbread Squares using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Venison Cornbread Squares
- You need of to 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare of ground venison ( I used elk).
- You need of diced onion.
- Prepare of diced green pepper.
- Prepare of clove garlic, minced.
- It’s of chili powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of grated American cheese.
- You need of cold water.
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- Prepare of canned tomatoes, cut up ( I used diced).
- Prepare of canned green chilies, diced.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
So obviously this recipe works with all cervids, antelope, deer, moose, elk, etc. cornbred corals, collector corals, coral frags, zoas, palys, chalices, reef tanks, acro. I have to pass on the venison – I just don't care for it, but the squash and cornbread sound yummy Sounds pretty good to me. I eat a lot of venison, and moose. Good meat, and there are a hundred.
Venison Cornbread Squares instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, heat oil,and cook venison, onion,green pepper, garlic, chili powder, and salt until meat is browned.
- Set meat mixture aside.
- Prepare c o r bread batter recipe below.
- Pour half of the cornbread batter in a well greased 8x12x2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon venison mixture over batter..
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Spread remaining batter over the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until cornbread is done.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before cutting into Squares..
- In a small saucepan , blend cold water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, green chilies, and Worcester shire sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened. And serve sauce over cornbread squares. Serves 6.
- CORNBREAD BATTER.
- I cup sifted flour..4 teaspoons baking powder. ..1 cup yellow cornmeal… 1 cup milk… 1/4 cup sugar… 3/4 teaspoon salt… 2 eggs…1/4 cup softened shortening.
- Sift flour with, baking powder and salt, and sugar. Stir in cornmeal..
- Add eggs, milk and shortening.
- Beat until almost smooth, do not over beat.
Picante sauce and Cheddar cheese add excitement to ordinary cornbread that both family and friends will love. We like it with ham and cheese in the middle. Cornbread squares, paper, board, white wood background, top view. Here is the fine cornbread just after it emerged from my oven, golden and crispy on the outside, and Definitely, use fresh corn kernels if corn is in season but if not frozen will work fine (or leave them out. This is a popular Mexican cornbread, made with cornmeal and buttermilk, cream style corn, and chopped onion and peppers and Monterey Jack cheese.