Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger.. Make homemade veggie burgers in a snap with precooked lentils. We like the black beluga variety from Archer Farms, with no added salt. Brown lentils can be substituted but tend to be more moisture-dense and may require additional breadcrumbs to help bind the burgers.
These Vegan Lentil Mushroom Burgers are made with real ingredients—lentils, mushrooms, and oats. This recipe makes burgers tastier than I like texture in my veggie burgers, which makes forming patties (and getting them to stay together) a little bit tougher. It's easy to get a burger to stick. You can cook Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger. using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger.
- You need 20 ml of olive oil,plus extra for brushing.
- It’s 1 small of onion,finely chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic,crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 125 grams of finely chopped porcini mushrooms( or other mushroom).
- You need 1 medium of cooked or canned carrot , finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Very finely chopped green herb of choice like (parsley , coriander , basil, mint or so ).
- You need 400 grams of can of puy lentils,drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and peppet to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander.
- You need 3 tbsp of wholemeal flour,for forming burgers.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked brown rice( optional).
- It’s of crust.
- You need 1 of egg,whisked.
- Prepare 1 of fresh slice of bread, processed into breadcrumbs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of plain flour.
The Best Mushroom Sauce Burgers Recipes on Yummly Veggie and Lentil Burgers with Avocado MashKitchenAid. A really simple and quick recipe for the most satisfying and delicious vegan sausages made with puy lentils and mushrooms. I love homemade burgers and sausages, they're so easy to make and much nicer than those bland frozen lumps sold in supermarkets.
Sig's Puy lentil and Porcini mushroom burger. step by step
- heat the oil and add onion and garlic heat over low heat and a leftover or cooked or canned medium carrot , until onions soft,about 4 minutes.Add the cumin,ground coriander and turmeric and cook for one minute.Add mushrooms stirring until soft and dry.Remove pan..
- tip the lentil into bowl and puree to your liking,stir in mushroom mix,add fresh coriander and season with salt and pepper.Mix well.With flourred hands, form into flat burger shapes,if mixture is to sticky mix with a little flour.Preheat grill.Brush the burgers with oil and grill them for about 8-10minutes turning once until golden brown,or you can cook them on bbq using a wire rack to make turning easy. Serve with natural greek yogurt or sour cream.
- if you find the lentil / mushroom mix is to loose use blender,add a cup of boiled brown rice to make a more mashy mixture.
- if you want to make a crust, roll shaped burger first in flour ,next into whisked egg and last into homemade breadcrumbs.
Yotam Ottolenghi's lentils with mushrooms and preserved lemon ragout: 'Win round your friends.' Photograph: Colin Campbell for the Guardian. Rinse the soaked porcini in fresh water and add them to the strained water in the bowl. Half-fill a medium saucepan with water. Put on a high heat and add. French green Puy lentils retain their shape when cooked and have a lovely earthy flavour.