Easy White Chicken Chili. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com. When we're craving something hearty and healthy, this chicken chili immediately jumps to mind. The white beans make it SO much more satisfying than chicken noodle soup, the green chilis and jalapeño add just the right.
Chili is one of our best cold-weather strategies. We use chicken and white beans for a twist on the regular bowl of red. It's soothing comfort food. —Rachel Lewis, Danville, Virginia. You can have Easy White Chicken Chili using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy White Chicken Chili
- Prepare 2 of grilled chicken breast roughly chopped.
- You need 6 of sweet peppers finely chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cans of great northern beans drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of green chilies.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare To taste of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s To taste of mustard powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of GF all purpose flour mix.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
Easy White Chicken Chili – this comforting and delicious white chicken chili is easy to make thanks to rotisserie chicken. You can have a bowl of yummy A Busy Day Calls for Easy White Chicken Chili. During the fall and winter months, we are always looking for easy and comforting dinner recipes. This creamy white chicken chili is made super easy in your slow cooker!
Easy White Chicken Chili step by step
- In a dutch oven heat the oil and sweat the peppers, garlic and onion flakes..
- Roughly chop the chicken breast, I grilled mine dusted with Montreal seasoning and granulated garlic. I cooked a whole package earlier in the week to have for dinner salads, but why not mix it up with chili! Once the garlic and peppers are softened remove from the pan. I spooned mine out on top of the chicken..
- Melt the butter in the dutch oven and add the flour, cook a few minutes until the raw taste is gone. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and mustard powder..
- Slowly whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stir in the chicken broth along with the remaining spices..
- Let come to a simmer then add the green chilies, beans, chicken breast and garlic pepper mix..
- Let simmer at least a half hour with the lid on. More time is definitely good, just keep an eye on the consistency and add more chicken broth if it gets to thick..
- Top with yogurt and queso fresco or any topping you love on chili..
Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night! This easy White Chicken Chili is like a milder, calmer cousin to Texas beef chili. Make it with canned or dry beans, and add extra chili peppers for more heat if you like! This White Chicken Chili is done in less than an hour start to finish in the Instant Pot with melt-in your mouth tender chicken. It's one of our favorite instant pot recipes!