Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan. Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Get these exclusive recipes with a subscription to Yummly Pro.
I think the reason I'm not giving this a higher rating is because the eggplant. Especially when the eggplant and zucchini is home grown! Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. You can have Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan
- It’s 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh marjoram, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 small of zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced.
- Prepare 1 small of Japanese eggplant, cut in half and sliced.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 oz of olives, pits removed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves removed, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 oz of Parmesan, shaved.
Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Spoon a bit of tomato sauce on each eggplant covering each with a piece of mozzarella, generously sprinkle with Parmesan. This easy Eggplant Parmesan Zucchini Casserole is full of fresh vegetables, vegan, gluten free and the perfect comfort food. When Eggplant Parmesan comes to your mind I know you probably expect this isn't dairy free.
Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan instructions
- In a medium bowl, dissolve bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water with one sprig of marjoram, and set aside..
- Place a medium-large saucepot with a lid over medium heat. Add olive oil, and heat until oil lightly smokes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for 3-4 more minutes..
- Add olives, second sprig of marjoram, rice and vegetable stock to the saucepot. Heat on high until mixture comes to a boil. Cover with lid, lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked and tender. Remove from heat. Leave pot covered, and allow the rice to sit and steam for 5-10 minutes..
- Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide onto two plates. Top with parsley and cheese. Enjoy!.
Traditionally it will be served with a creamy sauce made. Pat the eggplant and zucchini pieces dry with a paper or kitchen towel. Coat them with two teaspoons of vegetable oil. Preheat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan. Grill the vegetable pieces, for a minute or two, until cooked through and slightly charred with nice grill marks.