Vegan curry. Stir up a flavourful vegan curry for a substantial family meal. Our meat-free recipes include aromatic Indian and Thai curries packed with vegetables and spices. Fresh vegetables, sweet potatoes and curry spices are simmered in coconut milk.
Chickpea Spinach Curry – Vegan Chickpea Curry – Palak Chole – Chana Masala – Garbanzo Curry. Our awesome vegan take on the insanely popular dish. Or if I did, I blocked it out. You can have Vegan curry using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan curry
- It’s 4 of potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tin of red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 1 tin of onion and tomato mix.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 of red chillies sliced in half.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow split peas.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare of Spices (rough estimate, make sure to taste half way).
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tbsp of briyani curry powder.
- It’s 5 of cardamon pods.
- It’s 1 tbsp of aniseed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of To serve with:.
- It’s to taste of Sambals (diced onion, tomato, vinegar and optional diced chilli).
- It’s to taste of Sliced banana.
But nothing is going to block out this vegan chickpea curry. From vibrant veg-packed curries to creamy coconut ones, our plant-based curries make for easy midweek meals. Try our triple-tested recipes for vegans. Kerala Buttermilk Curry – Vegan Creamy Curry Recipe Lucy Lentils.
Vegan curry step by step
- Fry onion and chillies till soft in your pressure cooker.
- Add all spices and garlic to roast and release all the goodness.
- Add everything else and 3 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and then close pressure cooker.
- Lower heat to medium.
- After about 45 mins check it and add more water if needed.
- Once peas are soft, serve with sambals and banana.
Our roundups have sometimes brought you combinations some people would. Vegan curries bring colour, fragrance and variety to your dinners. Comforting chickpeas or zesty Thai flavours, there's a vegan curry for everyone. Well, it hits all the checkboxes for plant based dinner perfection. This collection of vegetarian and vegetable curry recipes from around the world includes Thai curry, Indian curry, and some non-traditional curry recipes.