Yellow Dal. Moong Dal Tadka is a simple Indian dal made with split petite yellow lentils. Tempered with mustard, cumin, garlic & curry leaves this dal is also vegan! Tuvar dal – Generally dal tadka is made with tuvar dal or arhar dal also known as split pigeon pea The tempering adds a lot of flavor and aroma to the dal.
Yellow dal tadka is a staple in most Indian households. It's easy to make, healthy and delicious. This home made yellow dal tadka is super easy to make. You can cook Yellow Dal using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yellow Dal
- Prepare 1 bowl of dal.
- You need As required of Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s to taste of Red chilli.
- You need as needed of Oil.
If I'm being honest I've never made dal before. A simple, yet flavorful Instant Pot Dal Tadka or Yellow Lentil soup along with pot-in-pot basmati rice. Dal tadka is very quick to prepare and can be ready in minutes. Yellow Dal Tadka home style for beginners, now enjoy great Indian food as cooked by your mother everyday, anywhere.
Yellow Dal instructions
- Take a pressure cooker add dal, water, salt and turmeric powder cover the lid tightly and cook for one whistle..
- Now take a pan add oil add cumin seeds let it crackle add tomato till they are soft add all spices and mix it..
- Now cook for 2 mins and add boiled dal mix again..
- Serve with chapati..
Dal Tadka is a North Indian dal (lentil) recipe made from Toor Dal & gets its distinct taste from a flavorful & aromatic tempering of ghee, cumin seeds, heeng (asafoetida) & red chillies. Any yellow dal such as channa dal, toor dal or moong dal can be used in this recipe. Dal tadka or dal tarka is one of the easiest and most popular dal recipes in India. I just wanted to jot down the recipe here for those of you looking for a comforting bowl of yellow dal for your dal chawal. Essentially, it is spiced lentil stew.