Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms, Green Beans & Carrots. An easy recipe of juicy hamburger steak and gravy featuring a brown gravy recipe with onions and mushrooms. Because I'm crazy about mushrooms, I like to serve my hamburger steak with mushroom gravy. Paired with mashed cauliflower and green beans and it was perfect.
Hamburger steak with onion and mushroom gravy makes a classic, simple recipe. Pour into mushrooms and onions and let simmer for a bit until it thickens and forms a gravy. At this stage, you can either add your hamburger steak back to the pan with your gravy or keep the two separate like I. You can cook Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms, Green Beans & Carrots using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms, Green Beans & Carrots
- Prepare 1 lbs of hamburger meat.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of box of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 (48 oz) of beef broth.
- You need 2 of packets.87oz brown gravy.
- You need 4 cups of fresh green beens.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of fresh carrots.
- It’s 1 of sweet onion.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper garlic salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Worcester sauce per patty.
Hamburger Steaks are an easy comfort food! Tender beef patties are simmered in a flavorful onion gravy and served over mashed potatoes or rice! Prepare beef patties (you can use frozen in a pinch) and brown the outsides. This hamburger steak and mushroom and onion gravy is classic Southern comfort food!
Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms, Green Beans & Carrots instructions
- Patty out 4 patties and add salt, pepper, garlic salt and Worcester. Set aside..
- Green ends off green beens and place 4 cups in a bowl. Peel and slice carrots 2 1/2 cups and place in a bowl. Peel onion and slice. Set aside..
- Pre heat stove medium high and pour olive oil to cover bottom of skillet. Add patties and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then remove from pot..
- Turn down heat and add mushrooms and onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add carrots and continue sautéing for couple minutes..
- In a large bowl add beef broth and two packets of brown gray mix. Stir till well mixed and add to pot. Place patties back in and pour green beans on top. Cover and cook low heat 30 minutes. Enjoy!!.
Hamburger steak is traditional southern comfort food that's made with ground beef patties, and homemade mushroom gravy! In large bowl, combine green beans (with juice), cream soup, and meat. Place sliced potatoes in bottom of greased dish, add layer of onions if desired. While mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture, the addition of pinto beans makes this recipe high in fiber and protein, too. When I was littlelittlelittle, hamburger and onions was one of my mom's go-to meals.