Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing.
You can cook Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing
- You need 6 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 Cups of Milk.
- You need 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage.
- You need 1 Lb of Lump Crab Meat.
- Prepare 1 Box of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 Qt of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers.
- Prepare 1 of Large Diced Onion.
- Prepare 4 of Large Chopped Cloves Garlic.
- You need to Taste of Poultry Seasoning.
- It’s 4 Stalks of Diced Celery.
Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing instructions
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale..
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside..
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft..
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot..
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot..
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up..
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way..
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish..
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!.