Citrus Rosemary Roast Chicken.
You can cook Citrus Rosemary Roast Chicken using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Citrus Rosemary Roast Chicken
- It’s 1 1/4 kg of whole chicken.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of orange.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh rosemary.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s of chicken baste.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped parsley, or dried.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped thyme, or dried.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of melted butter or ghee.
Citrus Rosemary Roast Chicken instructions
- Set oven to 180°C.
- Cut orange and lemon into quarters. Remove visible pips.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients for baste.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place one quarter piece of orange and lemon as well as one sprig rosemary into chicken cavity.
- Sprinkle sugar into cavity. Squeeze juice from one quarter of lemon and one quarter orange into cavity..
- Squeeze juice from remaining two orange and lemon quarters into roasting pan..
- Place chicken into a roasting pan.
- Using basting brush, paint chicken with baste mixture..
- Place rosemary sprig on top of basted chicken. Cover roasting pan and place in oven..
- After 30 min add water to pan, mix with pan juices and baste chicken. Cover and return to oven.
- Roast for another 40 minute or until juices run clear. Give a last basting, allow to rest for 10 min.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice.