Alligator Jambalaya. An alligator recipe for making Alligator Jambalaya. You need alligator meat, hot sausage, garlic and more to make this alligator jambalaya recipe. Mardi Gras is the perfect time to try your hand at Cajun cooking.
Don't toss out the tastiest part of the dish; dig down deep and scrape up the crusty goodness. Acquiring Gator Tail Like armadillos and coyotes, the range of the American alligator has expanded northward. I tried relaxing on Mother's Day, but then I got bored and decided to cook a wild dinner. You can cook Alligator Jambalaya using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Alligator Jambalaya
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 1 stick of Celery.
- It’s 1 of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley.
- You need 2 lb of Alligator! If you don't or can't get alligator use chicken and pork.
- It’s 1 lb of Andouille or beef sausage.
- You need 3 cup of Rice.
- You need 5 cup of Water.
- You need 1 of Bell pepper red or green or 1/2 each is what I use.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Kitchen bouquet.
We found a new fishmonger where we can buy fresh, local seafood. But this one has more of a Cajun twist. Jambalaya is a classic southern rice and meat dish, usually combining seafood, andouille sausage, chicken and shrimp. For a wild game alternative, alligator makes a nice substitution for chicken, which after some simmering, the alligator becomes tender and the texture is a lot like pork.
Alligator Jambalaya instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix all ingredients together in a Dutch oven and bake covered for about two hours.
- After first 45 minutes stir you may need to add another 1/2 cup of water.
- Continue baking till rice is fully cooked. If rice is too mushy for your taste bake for 10-15 minutes uncovered.
Rinse out pot liner and choose Saute function. Add celery, bell pepper, and onion. Add tomatoes, Creole seasoning, and Cajun seasoning. Serve jambalaya on top of or mixed into the. Alligator meat is rich with phosphorus, potassium, vitamins, niacin, and fatty acids, making it a healthy alternative to chicken, pork, or beef.