Basic sourdough bread. See our recipe for Bread Machine Sourdough Bread for the original, machine-baked version. Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough culture of wild yeast, you won't need any commercial yeast at all. This basic bread recipe is a great one for beginners or those who want a simple sandwich bread for everyday Mix sourdough starter, flour, and salt together.
Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Basic or White Bread cycle, and Medium crust setting. Recipe created by Ed Wood and Jean Wood. You can have Basic sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic sourdough bread
- You need 500 g of sourdough starter.
- You need 500 g of bread flour.
- It’s 275 ml of water.
- You need 15 g of salt.
Loaf Proof: Place the shaped loaf in a bread pan or, for French loaves, on a baking sheet. Once you start baking sourdough, you'll likely find that you prefer it But until you're ready to configure your favorite loaf, here's a very simple, basic sourdough recipe to. We will all be baking pros by the end of this. (Alan Benson)Source: Alan Spelt sourdough variation. Replace the strong bread or pizza flour with wholemeal spelt flour.
Basic sourdough bread instructions
- Mix starter, flour, water together until it barely comes together..
- Wait 20 minutes while the flour hydrates..
- Add salt, stretch and fold several times..
- In 10+ minute intervals, continue to stretch and fold until the dough is smooth..
- Let it rise for 1-2 hours, then form it into whatever shape you like..
- Let it rise again, preheat oven and enamel dutch oven to 500°F..
- Place dough on a sheet of parchment, and into the dutch oven. Score the surface with a razor blade, cover, and throw it into the oven..
- After about 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 400°F. Bake until internal temperature reaches at least 180°F, then remove and cool for at least one hour..
Made with the simple basic ingredients of our ancient grain flour and water; there are three distinct This Guide to Sourdough Making contains lots of hints and tips for successful sourdough bread. Joshua Weissman traveled alllllll the way to the big apple, just to show me how to make bread! Using Stone Ground Flour for Sourdough Bread. Traditionally, wheat was ground between two I've had an overwhelming number of people reach out to me for a basic beginners sourdough bread. Some basic information: Firstly, sourdough bread refers (generally) to loaves which are baked using wild yeasts rather than commercial bakers' yeast.