Bean and Bacon Soup. Classic bean and bacon soup with white beans, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and plenty of bacon! There's just enough bacon to give the white bean soup plenty of flavor, but not so much as to weigh you down. We've puréed about half of the soup so that it is chunky, with a creamy based that comes.
Onions and celery are sauteed with bacon and added to the chicken bouillon broth, spiced with cloves and bay leaf. Warm and hearty Bean and Bacon Soup to brighten up those chilly days! It's made with simple ingredients and it's way better than canned! You can cook Bean and Bacon Soup using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bean and Bacon Soup
- Prepare 1 lb. of bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 (15.5 oz.) of cans Great Northern beans, drained.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can Tomato sauce.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
There aren't many canned soups out there that I'll buy but the one that I've always bought is Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup. Customers tell us they love its flavor. A clear chicken broth makes it different from other bean soups. Bacon Soup is a can of soup and food product sold by Briar Label.
Bean and Bacon Soup step by step
- Dice bacon and cook over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven..
- When cooked and crispy, place in a paper towel lined bowl and set aside..
- Dice onion, carrots and celery..
- Leave 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease in pot and saute diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender..
- Add in beans, chicken broth and salt and pepper. You do not need that much salt as the bacon will be salty already..
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour..
- Open lid and bask in the aroma… :).
- Using a ladle, remove half of soup and place in a blender, blend on low until incorporated..
- Place back into pot and add the can of tomato sauce and 3/4 of the cooked bacon..
- Continue to heat on low until soup is warm and bubbly..
- Top with remaining bacon. Enjoy!.
It is a soup can lacking a pull tab, and is printed with an image of Bendy with what appears to be potatoes, along with the "BRIAR LABEL BACON SOUP" tag and the description. Serve with chopped reserved bacon and chopped parsley. I'm sorry to be posting so many soups lately, but it's been darn cold on the ranch and soups seem to be the only coping mechanism I have. This Bacon and Bean Soup is sure to make it into your fall recipe arsenal. Easy to make and full of flavor, this recipe is always a crowd pleaser!