Baked beans. Pin Recipe to Your Board Today! Boston Baked Beans "I made this for a family BBQ. Everyone loved it—they actually fought over the leftovers.
Cola Beans "Rave reviews every time I make them. So easy to put together!" – Connie Sue Baked beans make for a perfect side dish to smoky ribs. Check out Tyler's version with chipotle chiles, and other tasty BBQ sides. You can have Baked beans using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked beans
- It’s 2 lbs of northern and pinto beans.
- It’s 1 of : ounces of bacon chopped.
- Prepare 1 of whole Spanish onion diced.
- You need 1 1/2 c of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 3/4 c of molasses.
- It’s 1/2 c of maple syrup.
- You need 3 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 quart of water (more if needed).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 1/4 c of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3 cups of ketchup.
A dish of baked beans is a welcome addition to any backyard barbecue, family reunion potluck, or football tailgate. Even though you may not have time to start from dried beans, this recipe allows you to turn out a savory and tasty dish based on canned beans. Start by frying up some bacon (because we are firm believers that most things taste better with bacon) and sautéing an onion. What beans are used in baked beans?
Baked beans step by step
- Soak beans overnight in a lot of hot water.
- In a large ditch oven crisp chopped bacon, then add onions and sautee til clear.
- Add all other ingredients, and bale covered at 300 degrees for 9 hours. Then 1ore hour uncovered. Add most water if it dries out.
Typically, pea beans, otherwise known as navy beans, are used for homemade baked bean recipes. Navy beans coined their name after they become a common U. Navy dish due to their long shelf life and high nutritional value. Great northern beans are another great substitute. These easy Baked Beans are a delicious addition to BBQs, potlucks, picnics, and game day celebrations!